- To observe all environmental laws and regulations.
- To respond effectively to environmental concerns involving Cooper facilities and products.
- To minimize and, wherever possible, to eliminate the generation of all wastes.
- To conduct operations in a manner that demonstrates respect for the environment.
- To cooperate with federal, state and local governments in developing scientifically based environmental standards.
- To encourage the development of environmentally sound procedures and to conduct business with the best-available technology.
- To maintain environmental monitoring programs that ensures compliance with governmental requirements and these principles.
- To provide training programs that emphasizes the individual's responsibility for sound environmental decisions.